Online Cheap Decoy Resources
Save Money Fixing & Painting Decoys
- Craigslist– our number one way to get cheap or used decoys is Craigslist. Just search for “goose decoys” or “duck decoys” and you will be sure to find many choices in your area. Keep checking back on the site often as new postings are always coming available and the good deals usually sell fast.
- Facebook-coming in at a close second are Facebook group pages. One of the pages that I recently came across is called “decoys for sale or trade”. The users of the site make a post with what they are selling, price, area they live in and if they are willing to ship. The nice thing is that these posts automatically come in your Facebook feed for you to see.
- Blogs-there are many hunting blogs out there and many of them offer a free classifieds section. Just search through the postings for used decoys for sale or cheap decoys and you can have some good luck. To find blogs in your state just do a Google search for “Hunting blogs in XYZ state” and you will find several. Here is one in particular.
- Retailmenot.com– This website pulls together online coupons for nearly every store you can imagine. Simply type in the name of any national sporting goods store such as Cabela’s and there will be some coupons available. Here you might find 10-15% off on decoys or even free shipping. Check often as there are always new coupons. Retailmenot.com
- eBay– Many decoys are manufactured overseas in places like China. With eBay you can often buy directly from these manufactures and get cheap decoys. You can also buy used duck and goose decoys from other sellers.
In Person Cheap Decoy Resources
- Garage/Yard sales– The springtime can present great options for yard/garage sales as people clean out their storage areas from the winter. Many times people are willing to sell their decoys cheap because they just aren’t using the anymore and want to have the extra storage space.
- Hunting season start sales-As hunting seasons approach any hunting retailers offer sales for that particular hunting season.
- Holiday sales– Holidays such as Christmas and the day after Thanksgiving (Black Friday) are other good times to find cheap duck and goose decoys.
- “Open Box”/Clearance items– When retailers take returns on duck or goose decoys they often sell these decoys at a discount. Typically people return decoys because they preferred something else but the decoys are still in good shape and you can buy the decoys at 10-15% off retail price. The nice thing is that you are getting decoys cheaper and they will still have the same return policy and warranty as new decoys.
- Friends and Family– Perhaps you have an uncle who used to hunt ducks or geese but he no longer goes hunting. He may be willing to sell you his decoys cheap or let you borrow them. Even borrowing decoys can be a great option so you can try out that style of decoy and see if you like it before going out and buying that style of decoy yourself.